Thursday, September 10, 2009

The veggie plants are growing...

Welcome to my blog!
This is the potato plant I'm growing in a new garbage bin. Looking good so far.
The Rocket is growing slowly but surely.

Lots of baby shallots coming up.

We had to build the trellis for the peas and snow peas because they are growing so quickly.

My Man built this beautiful trellis for the climbing peas. It is a work of art.
I visited the Australian Springtime Flora Festival today. We had gorgeous Spring weather for the event, and there was a big turnout for day one, considering it was a Thursday. I didn't buy anything, but as always I came away feeling inspired and full of optimism for my garden.
The stand that tempted me the most was the one for wheeled moveable chicken pens, ready made which come with three chickens and feed. But once again I resisted the urge to buy chickens. For the price they were asking, I could put in three more big square foot gardens for my veggies. I'll stick to buying my eggs from the local farm stand.
I can't wait for the weekend, when we will start planting tomatoes.
I love hiding in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment