Monday, August 10, 2009

Pancakes and Baby Lettuce

Welcome!
I made pancakes for breakfast on Saturday. We usually have maple syrup on them, oh and sometimes ice cream as well. I was about to find the bottle of syrup when I noticed the lemons from my tree sitting in the fruit bowl. The sight of them took me back in time, and my mouth watered as I remembered how we used to have pancakes at my grandmothers house: a generous sprinkle of sugar and a squeeze of lemon.

They were so delicious. There's nothing as tasty as the flavour of a memory.


Great news from the seedling front. Two of my lettuce seeds have sprouted. Yay! I have taken photo's of them, but I am no photographer. I'll load the best of the blurry photo's below and I'll see if I can improve my camera skills to take a better shot soon. I want to do them justice.


I know it's a terrible shot, but look, if you squint your eyes you can make out two pairs of little green ears in the middle. My babies.

2 comments:

  1. I see them! Don't you just love to watch the birth of your babies?

    I always eat sugar on my pancakes, but have never tried them with lemon. It sounds good, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you can see them! Yes, I love those plant babies.

    ReplyDelete