Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Something Wonderful

Yes, something truly wonderful happened 'to' my garden today. My neighbour over the back fence cut down their 15 metre tall, hugely wide camphor laurel tree. It used to shade a very big part of the back right corner of the yard, making it dark, damp and hard to use.
This is the area of the yard where I wanted to put a number of compost bins and more veggie gardens. Now it will have sun on it which is just surprising and perfect.
We've never spoken to the back neighbours about the tree, I wonder if they noticed all the trimming we've been doing in our yard and felt inspired? I'm so grateful, whatever the reason!

I need to find out how to get rid of an oleander tree so that it doesn't grow back. I will have to Google it.

1 comment:

  1. That was a stroke of luck! Our neighbors have a volunteer maple tree that I fear will shade my garden one day soon, as well as give me gazillions of whirly-bird maple seeds throughout the yard.

    ReplyDelete